The Agency for State Register of Legal Persons within the Staff of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia (hereinafter referred to as "the Agency") is the body in charge of carrying out state registration of legal persons, as well as state record-registration of separated subdivisions, institutions of legal persons and individual entrepreneurs.
Types of state record-registration and state registration are the following:
- state record-registration or removal from record-registration of individual entrepreneurs;
- state registration of legal persons;
- state registration of changes in legal persons;
- state registration in connection with reorganization of legal persons;
- state registration of liquidation of legal persons;
- record-registration of separated subdivisions and institutions of legal persons, making amendments in or removal from record-registration.
Any person having active legal capacity is entitled to apply for state registration or state record-registration through submitting to the Agency a relevant application in an electronic form or on paper, attaching the documents required by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "On state registration of legal persons, state record-registration of separated subdivisions, institutions of legal persons, and individual entrepreneurs" (hereinafter referred to as "the Law").
State registration or state record-registration is carried out within the time-limits prescribed by the Law. However, shorter time-limits may be set for the mentioned procedures provided that such services are paid. The complete list of the types and conditions of paid services, as well as the amount of the relevant payment are defined by Decision of the Government of the Republic of Armenia No 1194-N of 11 August 2011.